Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC issue or not

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TC issue or not

Coulld this be a torque converter? My wifes C5 H/C A4 with 3200 stall is giving me a couple of problems that I cant seem to tune out
1. In 4th gear, when the TC locks up, it feels like it is constantly engaging and disengaging causing a "skip" feeling. I can shift back to 3rd, ands it is smooth as slilk so its not a skip. I can move the lock up around and it moves to the spot I set it.
2. After installing a set of heads, I was tweaking the tune and it mysteriously has lost all of it's low end punch. When I go WOT from a dead stop, it bogs really bad. I have tried several different timing settings but it still seems to bog just like the stall is not working.
Any thoughts?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Banned

It sounds like it could be a converter issue. It also could be a tuning or valve body issue as well.. Do you have PWM tuned out?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless I missed somthing, I tried to copy the trans tune from my C5 A4. Even before the blower, it would light up 305 DRs from any speed below 25, and especailly from a dead stop.
The lock/unlock issue baffles me since I have the same TC settings adn mine NEVER does what her's is doing