Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!HELP!! DEAD END on transmission swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!HELP!! DEAD END on transmission swap

Hey guys I need help ASAP since this is my DD. Its a 95 vert formula and the 3/4 cliche went out so that's why I'm swapping. Everything is off the Trans except 3 bellhousing bolts and the TC bolts. I can not loosen any of these. The TC bolts wont come loose cause no matter what I do the crank still turns on me. And the three bellhousing bolts I can't loosen are the top drivers side one and the 2 side passenger ones. The exhaust is still attached only cause I can't see how to get to all three bolts on the passenger side cause of the y pipe is in the way. Like I said its my DD so I need help ASAP.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Teching In

3/4 clutch* I mean
Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Launching!

You may have to cut your exhaust (if it's blocking you from getting the proper angle on the bolts). One guy I know replaced his flexplate and to get his trans out he had to cut his y-pipe off (since his exhaust was welded on, not bolted).

For the crank, try getting a large socket to fit over the Harmonic balancer bolt, and put a socket wrench on that and keep the crank from turning as you try to undo the TC bolts. Airtools make it much easier, but it sounds like you're already dead in the water

Why can't you loosen the bellhousing bolts? They won't loosen, or you can't seem to get the socket on them? To take my trans out it was rough getting the socket onto some of the bellhousing bolts. Long extensions make it alot easier to get the proper angle. And by long, I mean several feet long...
Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

jam a prybar in the inspection hole to prevent the flywheel from turning and get a 15mm swivel socket and zing it off. If you dont have one just use a 15mm wrench and turn em off

Quick Reply: !!HELP!! DEAD END on transmission swap