Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOT A CODE, NEED HELP Please!...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GOT A CODE, NEED HELP Please!...

P0757 (Shift solenoid) is the code that came out when i took the ride to an autoparst store.

I notice when i came to a light, that i was reving more than usual. I pull in a parking lot, turn off the car, and start it and it works just fine.
Can i still drive the car? or should i just park it?

What do i do to solve this problem, and is something that at my level of wrench turning can handle?

Thanks...
Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

did the code just go off ,or were u racing or sumthing?
on my 383 i took her for a spin built tranny.i got to a empty road stalled it and floored it.i had to do a sudden stop.hard.then tranny felt veri weird.didint want to go into 3 and 1st and 2nd car felt very slugish..i parked turn the car on .and car was working just normal.never did it again.if ur saying it went away,i dont see a problem if u keep driving,in the other hand take her for a spin no aduse just to see how se does..if every thing is good after a while .do a wot do see any changes,if everythings good,well your good.....im no tranny expert just relating it to what happened to me.some one else will chime in.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
did the code just go off ,or were u racing or sumthing?
on my 383 i took her for a spin built tranny.i got to a empty road stalled it and floored it.i had to do a sudden stop.hard.then tranny felt veri weird.didint want to go into 3 and 1st and 2nd car felt very slugish..i parked turn the car on .and car was working just normal.never did it again.if ur saying it went away,i dont see a problem if u keep driving,in the other hand take her for a spin no aduse just to see how se does..if every thing is good after a while .do a wot do see any changes,if everythings good,well your good.....im no tranny expert just relating it to what happened to me.some one else will chime in.
It happend under normal driving conditions, was coming home from running errands. Once i turned it off, it did engage again and seemed ok. ALthough, last night, i went out for a spin, and its deff not itself. I have to give it more gas than normal, so the engine winds up and then the trans shift. I think its in its safety mode right now. I did waste almost a 1/4 tank of gas driving about 40 miles

I think its going to be wrench time, and replace the solenoid. I was told its not very hard. But with this texas heat, everything becomes a challenge. lol

IF anyone has any tips or can share some knowledge, please do so... I work on my car, with guidance from experience ppl on this site.

THX!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

The PCM will throw that code on stalled cars if it stays in 2nd gear at 3000+ rpm for two long. I used to get that code to come routinely when accelerating slowly and evenly on an uphill on ramp and that was right after I got my stall and a new FLT trans. I just tuned out the P0750 and P0751 codes and never looked back.

edit... When it does throw that code it goes into limp mode and stays in 3rd so watch the trans temps when driving like that. It will come out of limp when you shut off and restart the car.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

read the sticky above! Your suppose to tune out the p0750/751 and
p0756/757 codes. The computer checks for converter slip which the high stall has plenty of.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes sounds like you just need to remove the test for the code and yes it can be intermitant . Should solve your problem

Call 888-744-6542