Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

things NOT to do with a TC...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default things NOT to do with a TC...?

We all know the things to do with a TC which is stomp on the gas and hold on, but i would like to know what not to do with a TC? such as flooring it around a turn, try to avoid wheel hop. anything else.....is it ok to floor it at a light or should i take up the rpm's a lil bit first?

thanks J
Old 04-05-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heyitsTaJay
We all know the things to do with a TC which is stomp on the gas and hold on, but i would like to know what not to do with a TC? such as flooring it around a turn, try to avoid wheel hop. anything else.....is it ok to floor it at a light or should i take up the rpm's a lil bit first?

thanks J
Do not floor it around a turn. You'll be *** backwards in no time. Wheel hop is helped by suspension work. LCA's help dealing with wheel hop. Just drive normal and you won't even notice the converter being different from stock. Only noticeable thing is that the RPM's slip higher on starts.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

flooring it at a stoplight? it just depends on how well you hook. if you dont hook well bring it up to ~2000rpm and roll into it. if traction is not an issue, you can just stomp it and hold on. and definately no stompage around turns unless you'd like a closer look at the telephone poles.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

don't run it unlocked....it can overheat, and cause the tranny to overheat.....make sure it locks up....if u want to unlock ur converter just tap the brakes and it'll unlock then floor it.

Don't stall it up and sit there on the brakes.....same thing.....causing a lot of friction heat.

And yes if you have traction issues Stall it up to 2000-2400 rpms....It won't hit near as hard and you'll have traction. move those rpms down if you only have a 2800 by about 500rpms.

The guys have said the rest.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys!

J