Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e VERY hard shift to 2nd, sounds like its hitting trans tunnel

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e VERY hard shift to 2nd, sounds like its hitting trans tunnel

so i replaced the motor and trans in my 95 trans am, now from 1st to 2nd it sounds like ive ripped a trans mount and my trans is hitting the trans tunnel

well ive replaced the mount, and its still doing it,

i was thinking it could be my y pipe seeing as i have longtube headers,

and the cross over is less then an inch away from the tork arm mount on the trans,

ive checked for loose bolts, nuts, driveshaft yolks being bad, crossmember missing bolts,

everything checks out fine, but i am missng one bolt on the tork arm tha goes thru the rear end, the one in the back not towards the yolk,

so maybe its shifting up and to the passenger side?

i dont know if i have a broken motor mount, ive tried the put it in gear and hold the break and jolt the gas pedal, motor doesnt move much and the whole car shakes from the power,

im at a loss, if i get it to the point right before it shifts, let off let it shift then get back on it, its smooth, wide open its smooth, normal driving it hits, but i am shifting at 3k everytime,

also my car is an A4. its always shifted at 3k since the swap, idk why, but this motor and trans came out of my old car and it shifted fine, not sure what rpm it shifted at tho.

any help guys is needed

thanks
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Teching In

UPDATE: just looked some stuff up and theyre saying it could be my TPS?

when i have it to the floor my rpms wont go over3200 or so rpms, and will just shift,

but i did take a TPS from a 1993 camaro 3.4L and put it onto a 1995 lt1 5.7L anyone know if this is my problem?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Teching In

I am having the exact same problem in my 99 LS1 A4 T/A. Previous owner replaced the trans and i have no idea what was done. Didnt hit like this until i took the muffler off now it hits hard. Y-pipe was unbolted some how but now it is bolted right back on and hits a little better I cant figure out whats going on.

Quick Reply: 4l60e VERY hard shift to 2nd, sounds like its hitting trans tunnel