Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAAARRRRRGGGGG! Tranny gone!!!

Old 04-06-2004, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAARRRRRGGGGG! Tranny gone!!!

This will be my most expensive mod yet if the warranty doesn't cover it.
I bought a tranny cooler and Transgo kit and put them in on sunday, my buddy broke the small solenoid screen on the separator plate and I had to wait until monday to finish putting it back together. Dropped the car and had no second gear.
Called Transgo and talked to the tech guy and he walked me through what to check for. I pulled it back apart and made sure it was all good and put it back together again, still no second gear.
Was driving up to the dealer to have them scan it and tell me if I had a gear code on the SES light or if it wa electrical, on the way there I start getting smoke from under the hood. I pull into a parking lot and checked onder the car. IT WAS COVERED IN ATF. Checked the dipstick and there was no fluid. I pulled into a firestone down the road and the guy put it up on the lift real quick so that I could look under the car. The housing around the servo snap ring had broken and the servo was sticking halfway out.
I had it towed to the dealer and told him what I had done. He is an awesome guy and called his mechanic in the office and toodl him what was up.
I have an extended warranty but the company said they would have to send out an adjuster, but the guys at the dealer said they would watch my back and tell the adjuster that no tampering was done and try to get it covered under the warranty.

If it is not I will have to put in a new transmission. And sinc ethe housing is broken I will not have a core to swap.
Who sells the best 4L60E's and who has the best price. Or while I am at it should I upgrade the tranny and get a L65.

All of this from a 109 dollar kit that went in wrong.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:09 PM
STF Veteran

Damn, you are lucky to have the dealership guys on your side. I guess the extended warranty isn't with GM.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
Damn, you are lucky to have the dealership guys on your side. I guess the extended warranty isn't with GM.
I bought that warranty from the same service guy.

Last edited by 01blufrmla; 04-06-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

What is the name/location of this dealer...I am in orlando, but it sounds like this would be a good place to go if I really need some warranty work.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

WHOOOOOHHOOOO!! New tranny coming for free!! Be back by the end of the week

Search this Thread