Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e conversion questions

Old 08-27-2012, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e conversion questions

I have a fully built 4l60e with full manual valve body and alot of high dollar parts inside only problem is it is 4 wheel drive I built this originally for my rock buggy and decided to go with something. The question is what will it take to convert this trans to a 2 wheel drive model??? And where do I get parts to do it
Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need a 2wd tailshaft housing, and 2wd output shaft which requires pretty much pulling the trans apart to change. F body rwd trans are different from regular 2wd trans like a truck would take. They use a torque arm tail housing and trucks do not. Of course you can always buy a crossmember with the ta mount and buy a regular 2wd housing. I believe all 2wd output shafts are the same between models.
I believe the wiring is the same. Tune may be needed, and since your trans is built, it may be recommended.

I'm sure ebay will have the output shaft and housing you need or try wtb in classifieds.

May need a different converter also. 4x4 converters have lower stall speeds like 1800 instead of 2200. I'm sure your planning a bigger one anyways though.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:04 AM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

bowtieboyss427 is exactly right.
I have bought those exact parts (and others) from ebay seller "powertrainpartsplus".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4l60e conversion questions