Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lost first and third, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lost first and third, what to do?

heres the story, my rear locked up on me about a week ago, the car is not my daily driver so i didnt jump to fix it. i took it to the dealer today and they said no way. anyway, my friend calls up and says their going to the track, so i hop in the TA and take a ride down there. 3 hours later im about to make my first pass, do a big smoky burnout, and someone breaks infront of me. that is eventually cleared up and i go to do annother burnout(shoulda backed up and went through the water again)and the linelock doesnt hold. so, instead of thinking "hmm, maybe their already sticky", i think "wtf? what a crappy linelock". i procede to pump up the brakes a whole lot, stomp the gas and hope the line lock holds. BA BOOOM . had to go backwards down the return road. later discovered i still have 2nd and 4th but no 1st or 3rd. not thinking about getting crap in the converter, i drove it home in 2nd and 4th and now im infront of the computer wondering how far in the hole i'm going to be with a new rear+tranny+converter .
i was considering buying a thirdgen and making it a street/strip car instead of killing the value of this one. this really sucks, what should i do? rebuild it with a bulletproof drivetrain, or go with stock replacement parts and keep lookin for that thirdgen? any advice would be greatly appreciated so TIA guys