Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lt1 blazer 4l60e prob .. HELP!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 blazer 4l60e prob .. HELP!

Well ive had this motor and trans in two diff trucks, well this time after a yr i get my blazer running today. Its a 94 lt1 with a 4l60e.. Well i got to wired and running today and filled with trans fluid and all i have is forward gears. Unless something happend while it was in storage i dunno. I seen a lil smoke comeing out the trans dip stick tube so i shut her off, i was able to move it in forward all i wonted but cant get reverse. Im thinking i dont have enuff fluid in it and it has air in the lines an cooler (maybe) i know reverse needs more psi that forward... anyone know anything. how can i get it full without driveing it. This setup ive had has been strong threw it all and i dont think the trans is bad i just dont wont to hurt it while i try and figure out what the deal is. All forward gears are strong.... hopefully i just dont have the trans full....
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Received 385 Likes on 294 Posts

With a freshly rebuild trans, I put the car on rear jack stands and start it up for 30 seconds and then put the trans into drive and let her warm up. I know how much fluid to put into a rebuild, so I know I am close.

Correct me if I am wrong, but on a cold trans with the engine off, adding fluid until the dipstick is about 1 inch above the full line should be close.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM

sounds like what im going to try in the morn. i heard ppl say drive it but my fronts up against a wall with no reverse lol i cant go backwards ...kinda stuck so ill jack her up and set the rear on stands and get her rolling ... i hope it works
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 AM

aaaaaaaahhhh stupid me. my shift cable wasnt adjusted right
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 385 Likes on 294 Posts

Thanks for the update and closing the thread.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lt1 blazer 4l60e prob .. HELP!