Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REv limiter

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REv limiter

So i had a 1-2 shift solenoid go out on a 95 z28 a few weeks back, i ended up swapping both sensors with new units and checked the entire wire harness and other solenoids for possible issues and all looked OK. I noticed the new solenoids have a much bigger opening for fluid to flow into them.

Well i only put maybe 10 miles on the car since the parts swap to make sure the tranny would shift through all the gears automatically again and all seemed great. Well that is until i WOT the car, it down shifted great went up to shift at 6800 rpm and it hit the rev limiter then sloowly shifted into 2nd. I thought great new solenoid failed, but then car had shifted. so i went out to test it again and sure enough 1-2 and 2-3 shifts under WOT did this. i went to shop and checked out fluid level and all was good. no codes at all and fluid was not burnt at all during solenoid swap, on thing i did notice is the car pulls much harder now than it had before it just seems to be possibly slipping or having data issues with when to shift in the tune now?

Quick Reply: REv limiter