Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with possible tansmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with possible tansmission issue

My car has been giving me issues. tail shaft housing broke over a year ago.(notable) Ran great afterwards.

So I have a relocating torque arm/bracket from UMI and the Pinion angle is dialed in. so, replaced damn near eevr issue in the front of the car, alignment, balanced tires, new tie rods, new wheel hub assembly, new rotors and pads. problem consists and has gotten worst. Vibrating from the transmision or similar?

Cars Performance, give it throttle and it responses, but it doesn't sound like it likes it at all. give a low pitch vibrating sound on hard launch, use to just shake a lil bit in reverse. Now it shakes in Drive and makes some popping noise from the bottom of the car. Drive it and it'll shake the worst at random moments and the faster I go the worst the shaking gets and it I am going 60 or no set mph it'll shake the worst when you let off the breaks. like the car is gonna fall apart. I wanna say Driveshaft but put it in Neutral and it still shakes just as bad at the higher mph's. I'm told the driveshaft and back should be free of the transmission in Neutral so couldn't be the drivetrain. transmission. Only things I know about the tranny is it was serviced at 98k miles I got the car at 108k and it has 128k now after 3 years of owning the car. never had issues until I broke the Tailshaft housing doing 140mph on the hwy I've since been threw 2 rearends. the one I go t is good
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by CS2 Sasuke XD
My car has been giving me issues. tail shaft housing broke over a year ago.(notable) Ran great afterwards....

I wanna say Driveshaft but put it in Neutral and it still shakes just as bad at the higher mph's. I'm told the driveshaft and back should be free of the transmission in Neutral so couldn't be the drivetrain. transmission....
Wooo! Nothing could be further from the truth. Putting the trans in neutral will isolate the engine from any vibration, but your rear end and driveshaft are still spinning just as fast as when in Drive.

Vibration can be hard to pin down, but from your history of problems, I am confident it is either your driveshaft or something in the rear end.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

mrvedit is correct, put the car up on a lift sometime and throw it into neutral and the wheels will actually start moving.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take your driveshaft off and check your U-joints I bet one of them is siezed, also most likely what caused the broken tail housing. Either that or when the tail housing broke it bent the output shaft on the transmission.

If the shake is as bad as it sounds it should be pretty easy to find..
Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys I will be throwing it up in the air in just a moment

Quick Reply: Need Help with possible tansmission issue