Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e mvb vs t56

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e mvb vs t56

Ok so i am need of some good advice and personal experience. My 4l60e has bit the dust and since this was my second one, i thought i could go about it a little different. I currently have a 97 firebird lt1 with lt's and a hooker catback in need of a tune, which i was planning on getting till my trans took a turn for the worst. my overall plan for the car is to make it a n/a 396 daily driver. I already have been talking to loyd elliot about heads and cam but i guess its just the trans for right now. So now i have come up with two solutions:t56 swap which seems fairly easy(I already did a t5 swap into my dads 3.8 firebird so it cant be much different) or go with a 4l80e swap. I like the idea of a manual valvebody and a ratcet shifter. Ive been trying to find a writeup/part list for the 4l80e swap and idk if im not seaching for it right or im just to tired to know what im looking for. Ok so here is what im im in need of and if you have a link that would be awesome.
1) How woudl this work for a daily driver?
2) besides a new crossmember and yoke what else would i need?
3) how would the lock-up torque convertor work? would i just use it like a electrice overdrive?
4)is a stall convertor be of use or would it not come into play?
5) How would i do the speedo hook-up? i know the 4l80e uses two iss(i think thats what they are called) sensors.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i found the sticky but it seems nobody has been on it for a year or two. so any info would be helpful. i found a lot of info on ls1/4l80 swap but not much on lt1/4l80. Do i still need the conversion convertor and flexpalte spacer? any help would be great.

Quick Reply: 4l80e mvb vs t56