Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jake's Performance Summer Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Jake's Performance Summer Sale

We're going to run this through July 4th weekend.

Free shipping within the cont. U.S. to a business with loading dock or forklift on all builds.

$200 off any 4L80E Stage 2 build.

This doesn't apply to any other builds. Billet shafts for the 4L80E are in short supply right now and we predominately build higher level builds these days.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Transbrakes on sale also?

Mike
Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LongIsland63SS409
Transbrakes on sale also?

Mike
Mike,
Not the transbrakes themselves. We will probably be raising the price on the D3 brake in the future due to machining time/cost.

I will include a D1 transbrake on any Stage 2 4L80E build at no additional cost.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

These transmissions can take some abuse. Take advantage of this sale.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does it cost, and is it a complete rebuild kit?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
These transmissions can take some abuse. Take advantage of this sale.
badass fbody you got there. what are the specs on it? what rear gear and stall?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was hoping you would have something for one of your stage 5's.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS1PUNK
I was hoping you would have something for one of your stage 5's.
The reasoning behind the sale right now is that billet input shafts are not available for a couple of weeks. I have several Stage 3 through Stage 5 builds still on the board awaiting shafts, 7 units on the build benches already built awaiting input shafts, and a couple of shaft orders to fill.
Basically, I can't build anything other than a Stage 2 for the next week or two, or it will be awaiting an input shaft.

We have been building mostly Stage 5 builds all year so far and the demand for input shafts has been higher than anticipated by our shaft manufacturer. There are 4 different manufacturers for billet 4L80E input shafts. One of the manufacturers uses 9310 material to make the shafts. This is a very poor choice for shaft material, and in our experience it is actually weaker than a stock shaft.
The shafts we typically use are a 300M material and we buy them from a wholesale vendor that only deals with shops. Many of the other quality shops use these shafts. I'm pretty sure FLT and RPM use the same vendor.
We've proven these shafts at 1800 HP in 4L80Es and the same vendor makes some of the shafts we use in 2000+ HP 2 speed TH400's.

TCI has in the last 6 months or so started producing a shaft from 300M that we've used a handful of and they appear to be well made and so far a decent piece.

The last vendor makes a decent shaft but we've had quality control issues with some of their other products in the past so we usually avoid using them, but they are also in short supply right now.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MillsMotorvation
What does it cost, and is it a complete rebuild kit?
This for a built transmission. Not a kit.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
The reasoning behind the sale right now is that billet input shafts are not available for a couple of weeks. I have several Stage 3 through Stage 5 builds still on the board awaiting shafts, 7 units on the build benches already built awaiting input shafts, and a couple of shaft orders to fill.
Basically, I can't build anything other than a Stage 2 for the next week or two, or it will be awaiting an input shaft.

We have been building mostly Stage 5 builds all year so far and the demand for input shafts has been higher than anticipated by our shaft manufacturer. There are 4 different manufacturers for billet 4L80E input shafts. One of the manufacturers uses 9310 material to make the shafts. This is a very poor choice for shaft material, and in our experience it is actually weaker than a stock shaft.
The shafts we typically use are a 300M material and we buy them from a wholesale vendor that only deals with shops. Many of the other quality shops use these shafts. I'm pretty sure FLT and RPM use the same vendor.
We've proven these shafts at 1800 HP in 4L80Es and the same vendor makes some of the shafts we use in 2000+ HP 2 speed TH400's.

TCI has in the last 6 months or so started producing a shaft from 300M that we've used a handful of and they appear to be well made and so far a decent piece.

The last vendor makes a decent shaft but we've had quality control issues with some of their other products in the past so we usually avoid using them, but they are also in short supply right now.
I can understand that, quality over quantity.

If I was to order one today what would be a projected wait time?

Quick Reply: Jake's Performance Summer Sale