Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 and a 4L60e which Flexplate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS3 and a 4L60e which Flexplate?

Hi guys.

I bought an LS3 out of a 2013 Camaro and it has nothing on the back. I have a new built RPM Level VI 4L60e to go on, plus I have a converter. I want to retain my old flexplate on my LS1 so I can sell it complete from front pulleys and accessories to flexplate.

Does anyone know what I need to fit the 4L60e to the LS3 and who I can get it all from please? I'm from New Zealand so forgive me for not being more clued up about which vendors do all this.

Oh yeah - the motor is going to be turbocharged and will make up to 700rwhp for very short bursts but will mainly sit around 550rwhp max to keep it alive longer. That might make a difference in which flexplate and bolts etc.

Thanks guys. Love this site
Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX SFI NHRA Approved Flexplate

Here ya go...

http://bmracing.com/?wpsc-product=gm...for-lsx-motors
Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

According to NOS_LS1's link all LS1, LS2 and LS3 take the same flexplate, which is also what I thought. However there are a few (truck?) LS1 "long crank" engines that need a dished flexplate. Correct me if I am wrong.

You should read this thread too:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...hes-4004x.html

The OP complained that a similar stamped-steel flexplate had enough runout to damage his trans. He went with a TCI machined flexplate that I and other recommended.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. That was helpful and it's good to know same flexplate fits both LS1 and 3. I'll get one ordered along with quality bolts.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Bazman
Thanks guys. That was helpful and it's good to know same flexplate fits both LS1 and 3. I'll get one ordered along with quality bolts.
If you go with a machined flexplate:
Since a machined flexplate like the TCI is thicker, you need longer flexplate-to-converter bolts; IIRC you need 18mm. Also IIRC, the stock length flexplate-to-crank bolts are long enough for a thicker flexplate.
Circle D is a good source for the bolts including ARP; it might be a buck more than Summit, but you will get the right bolts.

Quick Reply: LS3 and a 4L60e which Flexplate?