Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my converter right for my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my converter right for my setup?

I have a Hughes 3500 lock-up converter and I am currently having Vince at TDE rebuilding my transmission. I am sending out my converter to Hughes to have it rebuilt / freshened up and also trying to decide if the stall is set correctly for my vehicle. The engine is an LT1 with a CC503 cam, LE heads and intake manifold, etc etc (see sig). I haven't been to track yet so I'm hoping to hear some opinions and hopefully some experiences with a similar setup to help me decide if I should stick with the stall speed I'm at or change it to help make my vehicle run the best times I can. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Teching In

i would get a 3200 stall
Old 06-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Any particular reason why you would lower it? I'm curious because it's the first car I've owned with an aftermarket converter because most of my cars have been manual. The car was wanting to lurch forward when I came to a stop light (vehicle at normal operating temp) and from what I have researched it was either the TCC not unlocking or it needs to be loosened. Wouldn't loosened be raising the stall speed?

Quick Reply: Is my converter right for my setup?