Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delayed shifting

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delayed shifting

So I am in the process of swapping the engine and 4l60E trans from a 99 Trans am into a 95 Z28.

While driving the trans am, it is extremely slow in shifting 1-2, and 2-3. It slowly creeps to about 1700 or so RPMs until it finally shifts.

While it does this the MPH is barely accelerating.

On the few times I have driven it, it seems to only be doing this on very light throttle driving, and not at WOT.

Another problem was that while in park it had to have the e-brake up. Noticed that the trans shifter cable was bent so that will be replaced.

Will try to get a vid of it when everything is in the Camaro at the end of the weekend/next week.

Does it sound like it is slipping? Solenoids?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:34 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Since you removed the engine/trans from the TransAm, I would expect it to be very slow.
I assume you miswrote that.

It does sound like slipping which is often line pressure related. I would suggest scanning it for codes before causing any/more damage. If not already, you need to wire up the OBD port; I am assuming you also swapped the PCM and wiring harness. If there are no codes (even engine codes can be related to this), then I would next suggest getting/hooking up a trans pressure gauge to see what the line pressure is while driving. Or have a trans shop do it for you. You can buy a pressure gauge on Ebay for $45 with shipping.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Yeah right now everything is still in the trans am waiting to be dropped and put in the Camaro, with most of it already unplugged.

Ill look into the line pressure gauge once I get everything set up in the Camaro. Since I was already considering a frost mail order tune to remove the vats/ change to 3.42's, would that help with the line pressure?

Quick Reply: Delayed shifting