Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e rebuild tps sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e rebuild tps sensor

hey everyone, my tranny went out about a month ago and i got it rebuilt. i when i reinstalled the transmission, it went out in less than one hundred miles. i admit, i drove it a lil hard. i got it rebuilt and again and the tech said my clutches burned out again due to low transmission fluid pressure. is he making up an excuse for a poor build? he rebuilt everything again and it shifts harder than it did before. he also replaced the pump. im afraid to drive because i dont want the tranny to go out again. now heres the question. does the tps regulate the tranny fluid pressure? is it a major issue? i had two error codes regarding my tps sensor. input would greatly appreciated. thanks!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:11 AM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

Yes, the TPS will be related to the pressure inside the trans.
As engine load goes up, the PCM commands higher trans (line) pressure.
The engine load is calculated from the TPS, MAP and MAF. I don't know the exact formula, but the TPS is important.
It is critical that those sensors work properly to prevent both trans and engine damage.

The builder may have "fudged" the EPC (pressure control solenoid) to increase line pressure; it is kinda the poor-man's tune, but he may have done it to save himself another rebuild.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you or your builder put a gauge on the line pressure tap to see what it is going as you drive...?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill probably do it tomorrow. been feeling kind of lay recently

Quick Reply: 4l60e rebuild tps sensor