Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tci vs. yank stall?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tci vs. yank stall?

TCI Super Street Fighter vs. yank ss4000?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:10 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I had the TCI Super Street Fighter (3200?) and now have the Yank SS3600. The TCI was super sloppy while the SS3600, even with a higher stall, is much tighter. There is just no comparison. If the Yank is too expensive for you, I know some people here recommend PTC in addition to sponsors CircleD and Revmax.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by criticalx
TCI Super Street Fighter vs. yank ss4000?
This shouldn't even be a question. Yank SS4000 all day every day.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I had the TCI Super Street Fighter (3200?) and now have the Yank SS3600. The TCI was super sloppy while the SS3600, even with a higher stall, is much tighter. There is just no comparison. If the Yank is too expensive for you, I know some people here recommend PTC in addition to sponsors CircleD and Revmax.
ptc has a two week wait
Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yank, Circle D, Ptc>TCI
Old 07-26-2013, 01:16 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Any of the good converter companies have a wait. They are built custom when you order it.

Not some crap sitting in a warehouse like TCI.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Any of the good converter companies have a wait. They are built custom when you order it.

Not some crap sitting in a warehouse like TCI.
Agreed! No proper converter can come off the shelf!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just went with PTC. THey have great customer service, and a great product. Like said above, if your converter can be at your door in 3 days, then it's not the converter for you. Most, if not, all really good converter companies have a wait, because they're built specific to your needs, not just off the shelf. It's like cams, an off the shelf will be good because it's better than stock, but a custom will be the best for your setup with no compromises. You can tell them how you want it to drive around town, how you want it to hit, and how efficient you want it, and they can work with you and get you exactly what you need, not a 'ehh, this is close enough' type of deal. You'll be way more satisfied when it's in your car.

Plus I've heard enough about TCI and reliability that I wouldn't put one in my car if you paid me.

Good thing about PTC is you get a custom converter and trans cooler for 530-550 shipped. This is without a billet front cover, which alot of people day isn't needed unless you lock your converter at WOT, which most don't.

I'd recommend PTC, but Circle D, Yank, FTI are all good companies.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMZ28
I just went with PTC. ...
Based on praise for PTC in many threads, I'm confident you too will be very happy with their converter.

Originally Posted by DREAMZ28
Good thing about PTC is you get a custom converter and trans cooler for 530-550 shipped. This is without a billet front cover, which alot of people day isn't needed unless you lock your converter at WOT, which most don't.
This is not quite right. Billet front covers for simply for higher HP engine, especially with Nitrous which accelerates extremely fast when it first hits.

To run WOT with a locked converter, you need a MULTI-DISK converter, not just a Billet cover. All multi-disk probably are billet as it is another significant step up in strength and price.

Quick Reply: tci vs. yank stall?