Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transgo 4L80E HD-2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 01:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Transgo 4L80E HD-2 Questions

Got my 4L80E Transgo HD-2 kit today and have some questions. The plate that goes between the valve body and the trans case is made of three separate plates riveted together. There is no gasket or anything between the three plates. Am I supposed to drill the rivets and use one of the three plates, or all three at once? It seems like without gaskets between the plates there would be some leaking going on. Also a few of the small holes in the three plates have different diameters.

For the accumulator spring, what are you guys using? It says to use the outer spring by itself for firm shifts, and the inner spring by itself for even firmer shifts. Is this shift firmness for all gears?

Are there any steps of this kit that I should not do, or do differently?

This is for my '01 turbo truck, 600-700rwhp, going to go with a 2600-2800 10.25" stall. It's 100% street daily driven, will never see the track. Looking for crisp clean shifts around town, nothing head jerking, and firm shifts at WOT, maybe even to the point of chirping the tires if that's possible. I do have EFILive to tune to the line pressures. Is it better to go with the most firmness with the shift kit and then dial it back with the tune? Or vice versa?

Thanks!

Last edited by Ferocity02; 08-15-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

When you buy a product from a company you need to follow the instructions. TransGo's instructions don't tell you to cut the rivets and separate the plates.

Yes there will be leakage between the plates. That is why we don't use the TransGo kit, but for the DIY'er it's the best kit going.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jake.

Still curious if its better to go firm with the kit and then soften with the tune if needed, or vice versa.

Quick Reply: Transgo 4L80E HD-2 Questions