Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 TV cable mounted to gas pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700R4 TV cable mounted to gas pedal?

I am wanting to use a 5.3 with Drive-by-wire with my 700R4. Now, I have my reasons for wanting to stay with drive by wire. My question is, if I make something that attaches to the gas pedal and pulls the TV cable in its correct sweep exactly like it would if it was on a carb or TBI, then what would be the problem? It is an honest question. I Want someone to reply with something I have not thought of. Please note, I am not just going to attach the cable to the pedal arm. I plan to attach a rod to the pedal that rotates a small arm to mimic a carb's throttle, moving the TV cable in the exact radius and pull length as originally mounted. I have an engineering degree, I am quite certain I can make this work, as far as pulling the cable. However, information about the TV cable seems to be little more than "make sure it's right" and "it's not Just a kick-down".

Thank you,
Steven
Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The only way to make sure the TV is properly adjusted is to pull the pan and watch the plunger move into the valve body. You must have full plunger depression the instant you hit full throttle. You should also see movement on a pressure gauge by just laying a finger on the TV cable at idle. By dropping the pan and watching the plunger movement and having the knowledge of the proper sweep on the throttle arm, you should be able to trial and error it to work out just fine. Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You also want to make sure you have the correct geometry brackets or it will burn up the transmission every time.

You can call us and talk to a live person. Up until 10 PM Eastern standard time , Monday through Sunday.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969 maddoglou454@aol.com

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions
Old 09-27-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might consider the TCI Constant Pressure Valve Body. It totally eliminates the low line pressure issue Mad Dog suggests.

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/82-86-gm-7...alve-bodyhtml/

You can find them discounted on Ebay and other sites.

Quick Reply: 700R4 TV cable mounted to gas pedal?