Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e Transbrake Question/ Possible Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4l80e Transbrake Question/ Possible Problem?

Guys. I have a FMVB Rossler Built 4l80e with a transbrake setup on my boosted Trans Am. Here is the issue that I am having.. When the transbrake is engaged the car builds boost up to about 5lbs and starts slowly pushing through. It slowly creeps up and dose not stand still. If there is no boost applied the transbrake does what its supposed to. I would like the car to build about 10lbs before I release the brake. But it will only build up to about 5lbs and it starts pushing through by itself.

Does anyone have information on this? Is there something wrong with the brake or the trans? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

If it's full manual it should be fixed line pressure unless it has a vacuum modulator.

Check line pressure and see.

One of the issues we see with our transbrakes is that we keep variable line pressure on the computer operated units, and the end users don't tune for or account for transbrake use needing to be at full pressure for best results.

If it's electronically controlled pressure you can setup the wiring so you have a cutout on the PCS circuit on transbrake apply.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not think it has a vacuum modulator. What should my line pressure be at?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
If it's full manual it should be fixed line pressure unless it has a vacuum modulator.

Check line pressure and see.

One of the issues we see with our transbrakes is that we keep variable line pressure on the computer operated units, and the end users don't tune for or account for transbrake use needing to be at full pressure for best results.

If it's electronically controlled pressure you can setup the wiring so you have a cutout on the PCS circuit on transbrake apply.
Are we supposed to change our tune?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes,
I like to command max line pressure at all times in the performance mode, and switch to that mode when racing or using the transbrake.

Quick Reply: 4l80e Transbrake Question/ Possible Problem?