Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced broken low roller due to blown rear. Now 1-2 shift hits limiter @ high RPM

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Replaced broken low roller due to blown rear. Now 1-2 shift hits limiter @ high RPM

So 3 months ago I blew the rear end. I replaced it and got to drive it a couple times, then the trans started to lock up at the 1-2 shift. I removed the trans and found the low roller one-way clutch was wasted.

I replaced it, the sunshell with the beast and also had my converter restalled up 200 RPM.

The 1-2 shift used to be awesome and shift great. Now it shifts OK normal driving, but at high RPM it hits the limiter a few times then shifts..... Whats wrong now?

thanks
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Launching!

And BTW its doing this when I am in manual 1, and shifting it manually to 2 at about 75% throttle
Old 09-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Also I have the Billet 2-4 servos
Old 09-14-2013, 01:22 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

When Billet servos are installed you are generally expected to measure servo end play and grind down a longer-than-stock servo pin to get .050 to .075 end play. Your end play might be much more than that, giving you a soft 1-2 shift at low throttle and band slippage at high throttle.

Try to measure end play by pressing down on the servo cover with strong hands or a crow bar. The amount you can move it in is the end play.

Also who's Billet servos did you use?

Quick Reply: Replaced broken low roller due to blown rear. Now 1-2 shift hits limiter @ high RPM