Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e issue help

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e issue help

Ok so I started with a TA m6 ls1 with headers and have now gone to a 5.3 with ls6 top end. Also added a 70mm front mount and now a 76mm and 4l80e with TransGo 2 kit.
(everything worked when pulled from his car) So the 4l80e came out of a friends car and I installed it with his wiring harness. after the install the relay that was used in the wiring harness would click constantly. The car was in limp mode so only 2nd gear.After replacing the relay clicking stopped.
Checked the fluid everything was , went for a drive and it shifted to 2nd and just drove around the block. So I wanted to give it a good test drive and take it on the highway. While driving to the highway when it would shift into 3rd it always felt like it would shift soft and seemed to stay in 2nd gear. After getting on the on ramp shifted 2nd then did the weird shift to 3rd but felt like 2nd and then no more shift. I have hptuners and commanded it to 4th but it just revs like it's in neutral.
I have noticed when it shifts it always shifts at 18mph to 2nd and 34mph when shifting to 3rd. This is every time no matter how fast I accelerate.

Little confused any help would be awesome!!

Thanks
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone!?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: 4l80e issue help