Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 LSx and 700R4

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5.3 LSx and 700R4

Long story, but I am now putting a 700R4 into the Range Rover.
This requirement became needed after the motor was running, and the rig was all but finished. I got a built 700r4 and t/c for a very good price from my transmission guy (felt sorry for me probably), and do not want to unsolder wiring harness' and rip it all apart again.
I have read that I need a spacer for the t/c. I have a TCI-399753 flexplate, which according to the blurb...
"This kit includes the pilot spacer that allows you to use a non ls converter in a ls application..... All you need in one kit!"
Is that the spacer I would otherwise need?
I would also need a TV cable, which I have always used OEM GM parts in the past swaps, but this one is a little different with the LSx. TB is cable, not electronic. Also want the torque converter to lockup too.
Guessing a TV cable setup, fill tube/dipstick tube, TC lockup controller, and a cable to electronic vss signal for the LSx ECM, and thats about it?
Anyone, that has done this, have a parts list available, instead of me hunting various parts down? I still have to figure out the transfer case situation, as the Rovers rear axle is also a driver side drop......It never ends.
Yes the 4L60E would bolt right up etc, but I dont want to rip out the harness, send it off along with the ECM, and start over again.
Many thanks as always.

Martin

Quick Reply: 5.3 LSx and 700R4