Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wondering how far to back converter up

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wondering how far to back converter up

We just picked up this SS to run with the GTA. 2 years ago, through a Vig 4000 unlocked and on a mustang dyno it put down 425. Then it went 11.6 at 119 spinning hard on a 2,700 da day. The prior owner said he only had it to the track 3 times and made around 3 passes each time. He said his burnouts were 30 TO 45 SECONDS LONG!! The stall flashed to 5,250 on the dyno!
Spring is a few months away so I'm wondering if it's best to just get a new converter now or if there is some home we will be able to get this one to hook. My inclination would be to put an EDGE 3400 in it, and have it on the tight side.
The car is lowered, running M/T 315/35/17's out back, with adjustable torque arm, upper and lower control arms, sway bars, adj. panhard bar, and adjustable shocks and struts. Weight is 3439 lbs.
We do not intend to put a bunch of miles on this beauty. Most of her miles will be to and from the tracks which average 60 to 75 miles away from us, and date nights for me and the wife. I can live with the current stall on the street and actually kind of like it, other than cavaliers thinking I'm trying to race them until I blip the throttle. It would be even better if the Borla catback wasn't so loud. It's probably time to put a different plate in. I will have to figure out which of the 5 is the quietest.
Anyway... what would you do and why do you think the Vig is flashing so high? It was supposedly a 4400 that was re-stalled to a 4000. I don't know how many disc.
Attached Thumbnails Wondering how far to back converter up-car1.jpg   Wondering how far to back converter up-photo-3-.jpg   Wondering how far to back converter up-photo-4-.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mustang Dyno (1).pdf (27.6 KB, 85 views)
Old 12-14-2013, 05:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the borla the solid plate with no hole is pretty tamemaybe too tamebut it still sounds nice
Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id run it as is. 5000-5200 flash is about right as long as it couples up on the top end... Run it, see the mph, calculate converter slip %, then see where youre at.

My converter also flashes to 5200 or so and it goes 1.36 60's. Mine was too loose by a small amount down the track though so I'm having another one built that will be tighter down track....but keeping the 5000 ish flash point.

Quick Reply: Wondering how far to back converter up