Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e shift point out of sync

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e shift point out of sync

Hi all.. Have a weird problem with my 2000 ss camaro with auto tranny..so I bought the car knowing the tranny needs to be replaced..slipping and will not shift into 3-4...and when I'm cruising at 45-50mph on 2nd ( won't shift to 3rd) I start breaking at the red light ..the gears don't shift down till I'm at 5mph close to a dead stop..then I can feel it shifting down...simutaniously ...soooooo ..I got the tranny rebuilt last week and its awesome!! Shifts fast and firm through all gears!!!! Master rebuild kit ...new stock TC..new vette servos ...and shift kit installed...brand new......but the thing is that it still does the shift downs or down shifts when I'm close to a dead stop....????? Car drives great..just never drove a car that shifts down like that...any help is greatly appreciated ....thanks guys....it's all stock by the way except for slp LM1...thanks again
Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Any help would be great....please
Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Teching In

The ss actually drives like crap...very heavy feeling when im driving normal on local roads...but wakes up when I floor it..can't seem to get rid of the weird shift downs when coming to a stop...changed out the tranny (new rebuild with vette syncros and shift kit, shifts amazing) ..new iac, tps, maf, plugs and wires, fuel filter, gear fluids, got a new ported stock throttle body thinking it was sticking, new waterpump, new alt....full tune up...flushed everything...still the same.....sluggish and weird downshifts when coming to a complete stop....gears don't shift back down till I'm below 10mph...all gears shift down at that point...Also it doesnt shift till im up at 2-2200 rpm..normal driving..is that normal? I'm stuck...did all I can on my side by myself...need help guys...please
Old 01-14-2014, 11:18 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Shifts are completely controlled by the PCM. Someone with tuning software like HP Tuners or EFI-Live can download and view the shift tables at no charge. Assuming they are weird, they can be corrected, but it will cost them $100 in licensing cost to upload the corrected tune to your PCM.
Or you might contact a good mail order tuner like Frost and have him create a tune optimized for your car and preferences.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Ok.. I will take it to a tuner and go from there...thanks for the reply

Quick Reply: 4l60e shift point out of sync