Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any one ever install a gauge to monitor 4l80e line pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any one ever install a gauge to monitor 4l80e line pressure?

Anyone ever do this. Mount a permanent gauge inside the car to monitor line pressure on the 4l80e? Where would you tap in at?
Old 12-22-2013, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 383astro
Anyone ever do this. Mount a permanent gauge inside the car to monitor line pressure on the 4l80e? Where would you tap in at?
I ran a temporary gauge so I could adjust the pressure control solenoid to where my buddy/ builder wanted pressure to be. The pressure port is a plug on the drivers side of the case in front of the electrical connector and up just a little bit. Its a hex head, I think 10mm or so.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

I wouldn't want a mech gauge inside perm. with that much pressure, but an elect. gauge would work if there was room for the sensor in the trans tunnel
any kind of flammable liquid inside isn't a good idea
interestingly, my new Compushift controller has a place to plug in an elect sensor to mont. line pressure, I think you can read in on the display, pretty cool
Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
I wouldn't want a mech gauge inside perm. with that much pressure, but an elect. gauge would work if there was room for the sensor in the trans tunnel
any kind of flammable liquid inside isn't a good idea
interestingly, my new Compushift controller has a place to plug in an elect sensor to mont. line pressure, I think you can read in on the display, pretty cool
Definitely would want a electrical gauge. i thought about running a braided line or hydraulic hose to a location nearby where i would mount the sender. any other thoughts on this? I also thought about installing LEDs that would go off when the pressure dropped or spiked.

Quick Reply: any one ever install a gauge to monitor 4l80e line pressure?