Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e shifts hard at W.O.T Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e shifts hard at W.O.T Help!

Hi
I'm new today to the forum, I've been looking around and can't find anything. Here's the problem. The tranny shifts fine through all 4 gears at 3 quarter throttle and less. At full it won't shift till about 6th 6.5k rpm and it shifts kinda hard. Also if I'm in 2nd gear and I gun it, it will stall for a second then a huge thump noise happens in the tranny before taking off...? I'm not very experienced with transmissions so I need help guys! Thanks!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give me the model of the vehicle your working with. See if we can eliminate some possible outcomes.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:46 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

You started two threads with the same problem. Sorry you aren't getting much feedback, but there isn't much to go on.
In your first thread, the only reply was that it sounded like a tuning problem. From the little info, I agree; as mentioned, there is both a normal shift table and WOT shift tables. When in WOT, -both- the tuned speed -and- RPM must be reached before the trans shifts. A hard shift is actually good as long as it is not too abrupt. And the "thump noise" is probably a bad trans mount; if true, replace it with a stock rubber one, not a Poly one.

Quick Reply: 4l60e shifts hard at W.O.T Help!