Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans problem ??

here is what it is doing, i think i might be having a problem, but it could be the tuning as well, not sure, but anyways:

Sometimes when taking off normal from a dead stop like at a traffic light, the car goes, hesitates a little bit, shifts into second, and then third right away, and the rpm's are barely moving, then shifts into fourth after the rpm's go up a little.... doesn't really feel like its slipping, doing something else i think, but not sure what ??? maybe part throttle shifting is messed up now because of the tuning?? only got partial tuning done after the cam install awhile back, not a full dyno tune...

thanks for any input
Old 05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you still have the stock converter?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
do you still have the stock converter?

yepp, still have the stock converter...
Old 05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

anyone know or possibly know what is going on?? do you think its a tuning issue, or an issue with the trans itself ???
Old 05-17-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're going to have to help us, help you.

Think back to when the problem first came up. What was the last thing done to the car? Did it start happening immediately after you got it tuned? Does it work normally at WOT? Do you have access to a scanner, so you could scan it?
Old 05-17-2004, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SMOKINV8
You're going to have to help us, help you.

Think back to when the problem first came up. What was the last thing done to the car? Did it start happening immediately after you got it tuned? Does it work normally at WOT? Do you have access to a scanner, so you could scan it?

hmm ok lets see, the last thing done to the car was the Hotcam, had that in for about two months, and then got it tuned... i believe that it was not doin this with the trans before the tune, and it was still driving normal after the cam install, besides wanting to die when coming to a stop at a traffic light... and yes it does work normal at WOT, only does this when i am at part throttle or less.....
Old 05-17-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would talk to your tuner then.

It's VERY likely that he tuned the WOT aspect, but didn't mess with part throttle much at all. Or if he did, he didn't know what he was doing. Of course I can't say that 100%, but it certainly looks that way.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SMOKINV8
I would talk to your tuner then.

It's VERY likely that he tuned the WOT aspect, but didn't mess with part throttle much at all. Or if he did, he didn't know what he was doing. Of course I can't say that 100%, but it certainly looks that way.
ok thats what i thought, i'm pretty sure he didnt mess with the part throttle shifting, all he did was a partial tune, no dyno tune, i'm gettin the dyno tune after the stall converter and headers go on