Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e Jakes D3 Trans Brake question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e Jakes D3 Trans Brake question

I recently switched over from a t56 to a Transformance 4l80e and FTI triple disc converter. It's controlled by a Painless Perfect Torc trans controller. Car is a 76mm turbo car etc. My only complaint is the reverse and trans brake is really slow or almost seems, delayed.
The trans brake button is wired to the red wire coming from the trans and on the other side of the button is wired into a 12v power source. Trans controller threw a OCP code (Over current pressure) because I tried controlling the pressure at idle and lower speeds down instead of full pressure (Just on jackstands, no actual street driving), so I'm assuming it needs to be max line pressure at all times? Trans fluid says full according to the Madman 80e dipstick. Also, the trans makes no noises or anything and works perfectly everywhere else.

Everything else seems to work perfect, stays at a great running temperature, shifts perfect at WOT and normal city driving. Just slow even going into reverse to back out of the garage.

Any opinions, comments, or advice is greatly appreciated! Just wanting to know if I'm doing something incorrect or wrong.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

You need to max out line pressure when using the transbrake. Wire a relay to cutout the EPC circuit during use. Pin C or D on the harness.

You also want to check the accuracy of ANY dipstick during install.

Both should have been covered by our installation packet with the trans if you bought it in the last 5-6 months or so.

Quick Reply: 4l80e Jakes D3 Trans Brake question