Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird vibration comes and goes th400 9"

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weird vibration comes and goes th400 9"

So basically I just fired my car up last Friday for the first time in almost 2 years. Everything is new except the Trans. new rear, new suspension, new driveshaft new motor. So I fired the car fri put 200 miles on it Saturday and have been driving it all this week with no problems. I went to the track last night made 3 mid 11 sec passes on street tires with no problems. On my way home probably 15 miles from the track I'm cruising 60mph down the road and all the sudden I get a terrible vibration. I thought my wheel was falling off so I pulled over. Everything looked good except I had a transmission leak coming from around the cooler lines. So I start driving again with no vibration I get another 10 or so miles down the road and it does it again. This time I'm only doing 40mph so I stab the throttle for a sec and it went away. It happened 2 or 3 more times on my way home and I would just give it gas and it would go away for a little while. I am beside myself with this one fellas. I've felt manny of driveshaft vibrations and this was like non of them. Is it possible the fluid is low and the converter or maybe a band in the Trans is chattering. Any input would be much appreciated.

Car consist of
73 nova
4.8 cam and valve train
Gt45 on 7 psi
Th400 rmvb
Calvert split mono leafs 2" lower
Caltrac's
Strange 9"

Quick Reply: Weird vibration comes and goes th400 9"