Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter, motor or tuning issue.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Converter, motor or tuning issue.

Hello all I have a 68 military jeep I put a fully built 383 ls1 in it. It has a 4l80e in it. With an off brand converter when I had a diesel motor in it. But when I put the ls1. With that diesel converter. The truck was a complete dog. It wouldn't let the motor rev up high. It wouldn't take off hard or even burn out. So I put a 4000 stall jegs converter. It ran way better but. It the motor falls flat on it's face at 5500rpm it was dyno tuned so the motor runs perfect. In neutral and park the motor revs to 6500 with no hesitation. But when in drive for some reason on the dyno the power cut off at 5500rpm. I'm thinking it's the converter still. What do you guys think? I'm at a point to where I should just have the motor checked out and make sure the cam is degreed right or have a sponsor here build me a custom converter. This motor should be barely coming alive at 5500. Well I appriciate any ones good info have a good day.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also I have the rossler black box. And when I engage the lock up. The motor doesn't change rpms at all. Is that supposed to happen?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Converter, motor or tuning issue.