Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brand new b&m 4l60e/b&m 2k stall lockup issues

Old 10-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brand new b&m 4l60e/b&m 2k stall lockup issues

January my stock trans finally bit it. Ordered a b&m trans n converter. Installed it in feb. Had intermittent tcc lockup issues basically like a 400-600 rpm surge @60mph. Ultimately was the demise of that tcc. Got a new one, that one did the exact same thing until it started failing to lock at all. Got hptuners to see if it was tune related was able to push line pressures up a tad 15% across the table. This was a band aid. Ultimately went back to slipping. Sent the trans and converter back they sent a new trans and 2kstall thinking the 2800 was the issue. Got it all back after 2 months and am still experiencing lockup issues. Hardwired the tcc pwm wire to the trans, no fix. Replaced brake switch and adjusted it accordingly. Maxxed out the misfire tables.. no fix. Basically the new merch locks at the speed its told, soon as I get up around 15-20% tps I start seeing slip with the log showing locked. What setting in hp tuners do I need to look at? I can post my log and tune if anyone wants to give me some help. I am at witts end and about to load the car up with tannerite and bring it to the mountains and unload on it.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 PM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

I would first set the HP Tuners "TCC Duty Cycle - Maximum" table to all 100 to make sure the PCM is commanding the max TCC lockup pressure.

Next (or perhaps 1st) I would hook up a trans pressure gauge to see what my line pressure is while driving. ($32 with free Prime shipping on Amazon - lookup "ATD-5550")

If that doesn't help, you may be dealing with a bad batch for transmissions or converters from B&M.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 503 Likes on 388 Posts

Like mrvedit says hook up a trans pressure gauge to start with.
What kind of engine are you using and is it stock? Does your torque converter have a billet cover? It is well documented in this forum that torque converters without a billet cover will not hold up behind a modified LS1 engine. I have not used the B&M torque converter but I have a TCI and they will not hold up. Only lasted 2 months and took out the trans when it failed. I know you probably don’t won’t to heard this but you most likely are going to have to get a torque converter from someone besides B&M.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brand new b&m 4l60e/b&m 2k stall lockup issues