Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on th400 parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on th400 parts?

I'm swapping a th400 Trans in my 99 Z28 Camaro use to be a 6 speed. Already have trans and torque converter and driveshaft. Question is do i need to get a automatic center console or can i make mines work? What trans cooler do i need is their a specific one? And what shifter would you guys recommend? Thanks guys. I know these th400s swaps been done a trillion times but it's new to me just want get educated and do it right.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto v05
I'm swapping a th400 Trans in my 99 Z28 Camaro use to be a 6 speed. Already have trans and torque converter and driveshaft. Question is do i need to get a automatic center console or can i make mines work? What trans cooler do i need is their a specific one? And what shifter would you guys recommend? Thanks guys. I know these th400s swaps been done a trillion times but it's new to me just want get educated and do it right.
You will need a TCI flexplace with the converter pilot adapter for a th trans to LS1 crankshaft, You will also need a th400 crossmember by BMR or UMI. As far as shifters, you can use the M6 console with a couple shifters, the ratchet B&M Pro Stick, and Pro Ratchet shifters will work. The gated style shifters like the Quarter Stick and hurst pistol grip have too long of a throw for the M6 console, and have to be used with a modified A4 console. I personally prefer ratchet shifters. Impossible to miss a gear, like you can sometimes accidentally do with a gated shifter. B&M Pro Ratchet is nice, and fits good in the M6 console.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
You will need a TCI flexplace with the converter pilot adapter for a th trans to LS1 crankshaft, You will also need a th400 crossmember by BMR or UMI. As far as shifters, you can use the M6 console with a couple shifters, the ratchet B&M Pro Stick, and Pro Ratchet shifters will work. The gated style shifters like the Quarter Stick and hurst pistol grip have too long of a throw for the M6 console, and have to be used with a modified A4 console. I personally prefer ratchet shifters. Impossible to miss a gear, like you can sometimes accidentally do with a gated shifter. B&M Pro Ratchet is nice, and fits good in the M6 console.
Thanks i really appreciate the advice got questions answered now i can sleep in peace. Also what trans cooler can i use?

Quick Reply: Advice on th400 parts?