Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH350 trans brake wont hold

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH350 trans brake wont hold

it started to act funny when i got on on the freeway and launched it at the metered lights, it slipped a little at 3500 and I just released it. I got back off the freeway and tried it again and it did not hold at all. If i revved it up a little it would hold but break up at 3k+Rpms and start to scoot forward. If i foot break it while holding the trans break and let go of the foot break it will do the same, hold up to 3k and engage little. Checked fluid it was full, reverse works fine (manual reverse valvebody) not as firm as use to be though.

the trans is about 6 months old and has about 20-30 passes off the trans brake
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-28-2014, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

How is your 2-3 shift? If it slips going into high gear the clutches in the direct drum are no longer holding as they should. The direct clutches are a weak spot in this trans and is one of the clutches that are holding, (along with the low/reverse and forward clutches), when the trans brake is applied.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I would put a pressure gauge on it.
You could check the solenoid and brake valve for apply voltage, travel, free movement.
I wouldn't say the direct clutches are weak on a TH350 with transbrake.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbond105
How is your 2-3 shift? If it slips going into high gear the clutches in the direct drum are no longer holding as they should. The direct clutches are a weak spot in this trans and is one of the clutches that are holding, (along with the low/reverse and forward clutches), when the trans brake is applied.
2-3 is softer than my 1-2 but still bangs hard if im in it shifting at 7200

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
I would put a pressure gauge on it.
You could check the solenoid and brake valve for apply voltage, travel, free movement.
I wouldn't say the direct clutches are weak on a TH350 with transbrake.
ill put a gauge on it and see what it reads, ill take the brake out and take a look. I read somewhere else that someone had this problem and the solenoid pin? was sticking. I guess ill have to dig under it and see. I may just yank it out and see

Quick Reply: TH350 trans brake wont hold