Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wobble Noise.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wobble Noise.

Hey all. I have what sounds like a wobbling noise when my truck is in Drive? You can hear it at idle or when just cruising. The noise seems to fade in and out slightly at times? I can't really hear anything at WOT. When the vehicle is in Park or Neutral the noise goes away .
Its a 6l80e with a 2800 yank. I had it installed and tuned about 3 weeks ago. My guess is its coming from either the stall or transmission. My trans has a couple of other small issues that need to be fixed in the tune. I am going to attempt to check the converter bolts tomorrow but my question is, wouldn't the noise be heard in park and neutral and not just drive if the converter bolts where loose, and wouldn't i hear it at WOT too?

Or is this noise related to something that can be fixed within the tune? Sometimes I have a feeling like the converter is catching a little to much at idle, but what do i know? I really need to take it somewhere to get the tune finnesed but i can't afford one right now as i just paid to get it tuned 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately i moved 20 hours away from the shop that originally tuned it.

Quick Reply: Wobble Noise.