Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0751 bad or not or false positive transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0751 bad or not or false positive transmission issue

I recently purchase a 2k TA. Check engine light is on and I pulled a p0751 code which we know is a 1-2 solenoid stuck.

The car is modified but to what extent I cant tell due to it being freaking cold out here to do a break down.

I think by its performance from driving it that gears and aftermarket stall have been put in. If true can the P0751 be cleared for good with autotap or hp tuners (have to find my old copies).

I have no shift issues up shift or downshift at all. I read a few post here of people putting in gears and a stall having this code but not on a way to resolve the code.

Don't want this code to be an issue with not passing emissions. I know how to clear it for emissions with headers and AIR removed but not for a transmission false positive.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I've had this code in the past, used to clear it with the aeroforce interceptor gauge. If you clear the code or if you turn the car off and back on in a few minutes and you get first gear back, it's just a tuning issue. It can be deleted through HP tuners which I did and haven't had an issue since.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. I don't have a first gear issue which make me think its a tuning issue also. Have to find my gear again I guess.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2015, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

No problem. If you don't delete the code it will pop up periodically and will be a real pain in the *** if you are in stop and go traffic.

Quick Reply: P0751 bad or not or false positive transmission issue