Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Segment swap questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Segment swap questions...

I am noew to this whole LS swap deal and have learned alot in the course of it. However I have some questions about the trans...

I bought a 6.0 out of an 03 Denali, I assumed because it was a 6.0 it would be mated to a 4l80e. I assumed wrong, we found that out when trying to connect the flywheel to the torque converter. We found this actually had a 4l65e.

Ok so we got a new flywheel etc. So now to deal with the emc... I was told i needed to do a segment swap. I have hptuners.

Under trans-->auto shift properties

there is a dropdown for trans type. Is it possible to just select 4l80e?

I have the hpt file from my 04 silverado 2500hd and though i could just do a segment swap just for kicks from that, but it has a different OS.... so that wont work...

if just using the dropdown to change trans type isnt enough where can I get a proper file to swap?

Any help appreciated.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am in a similar situation. I think if you have unlocked the pcm and the tune file you want to use (04 2500hd), you can just do a write entire and it should work. I don't believe it will work to just copy over the calibration without doing a segment swap or write-entire.

I have not confirmed that this will work, hopefully someone will chime in.

Quick Reply: Segment swap questions...