Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e converter

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e converter

I am about to swap my built 4l80e into my previously m6 car. I am only going to have maybe 400RWHP, but will be going with a built 6.0 turbo engine within the next couple years, so this engine setup is temporary.

Im having trouble deciding on going with a cheaper converter ($500) or going all out and get a triple disk converter for later ($1100). Ive built transmissions for years, but have no experience with these aftermarket triple disk converters. How long do these last compared to an oem converter?
Old 05-24-2015, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snap-On
I am about to swap my built 4l80e into my previously m6 car. I am only going to have maybe 400RWHP, but will be going with a built 6.0 turbo engine within the next couple years, so this engine setup is temporary.

Im having trouble deciding on going with a cheaper converter ($500) or going all out and get a triple disk converter for later ($1100). Ive built transmissions for years, but have no experience with these aftermarket triple disk converters. How long do these last compared to an oem converter?
Unless you plan on locking the converter up under power, you don't need a triple disk. However, as far as car parts go, this is definitely the part you don't want to cheap out on. A converter will make or break the car. I have had good luck with my PTC converter on my TH400. For my 4l80e swap I am doing now I have a North Texas Converters unit on the way. It is a 245mm single disk lockup with billet front cover. For a good 4l80e converter be prepared to spend $850+. But with most companies offering a good warranty and a free restall, its worth doing right the first time.

Quick Reply: 4l80e converter