Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Permacool Install What A Pain!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Permacool Install What A Pain!

Man! Finally got this damn trans cooler installed. I bought one of the maxi cool 6 pass units which I thought would fit no problem. Wrong! First off it measures 1-1/2x10x14 and it seemed to me would fit very nicely after the removal of the SLP Cold Air. Well they give you 4 little short **** brackets to mount it and being the way the LS1 is set up where the radiator and condensor are set on an angle in the bay it doesnt make for such a smooth install when trying to fit brackets and mounting points.

After some long hard thinking I flipped the cooler backwards so the mounting flanges were facing me and slid it down in there, now I was able to have mounting points at the top of the radiator frame (the spot right underneath your airbox) and down below where your air deflector atttaches. But I had to use 2 larger sturdy L brackets for the top which I decided to pop rivet in, and the 4 smaller ones I had to connect together to make a pair of longer ones. Yes Yes I was to damn lazy to go buy the same brackets for the bottom. All in short I bent the brackets to fit my mounts, drilled my holes, and hooked it up.

Looks sorta crappy though, I can now see one of the big brackets up top where the intake passage is right underneath the airbox. Down underneath doesnt look so bad the little brackets dont bother me that much, but I should have went the extra distance to make it look the same. I said screw it, got it in, my car aint all about looks its all about power anyways. Works good so far no leaks no probs long term test drive tommorrow. Thanks for listening!
Old 06-04-2004, 03:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my B&M 24,000 in about 30 minutes. similar size it sounds like and it was very very easy.