Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

optishift 4l80e tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default optishift 4l80e tune

Anyone have any insight on tuning one of these. It's a built 80e with an fti 4k stall. I put in the the base high rpm tune that comes with the software and moved up the shift points a bit, but it seems to shift a bit weird when I'm cruising along and step on it, the downshift seems delayed, the engine revs up and then it slides into the gear. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon, someone has to have some experience with it. I bought it from Jake's and I know they sell them quite a bit.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

Turn off the downshift select on the far right hand side of the screen, in the middle.

You can use that to get a basic tune dialed in for the upshifts, but then turn it off and manually graph the downshift points.
The closer to the upshift line for a given gear (say 3-4 upshift), the downshift will occur with less throttle input.
So it will kickdown quicker if the lines are closer. More active.
The further the lines are apart, the less active the kickdowns will be (sometimes better for a turbo combo or big power combo).

Looser converters will usually need the low throttle (left side) upshifts moved up to not be driving in the "slush" of the converter all the time.

Shift points are subjective. Tune them to where you like the driveability.
The US Shift is probably the most intuitive standalone controller on the market to tune.

Quick Reply: optishift 4l80e tune