Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque management deleted...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque management deleted...?

I had my car tuned about 3 months ago after the headers and exhaust and while it got done i had the torque management deleted and the line pressure boosted up. I have a pretty good shift kit put in so the guy said that boosting the pressure would be ok. He also changed my shift to overdrive to 40mph as opposed to stock. When I'm driving real easy, as it goes to OD, it hesitates and sometimes revs up a little before it'll go into it....he said its fine...does this sound like something slipping or just normal?
any help is appreciated...Alex
Old 06-05-2004, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

probably needs to ensure the lockup is setup right. Mine locks up at 4th gear @ 40mph, you simple reach 40mph at light-mid throttle then the rpm's drop to like 900-1000 as the car stops slipping
Old 06-05-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1999Z28
I had my car tuned about 3 months ago after the headers and exhaust and while it got done i had the torque management deleted and the line pressure boosted up. I have a pretty good shift kit put in so the guy said that boosting the pressure would be ok. He also changed my shift to overdrive to 40mph as opposed to stock. When I'm driving real easy, as it goes to OD, it hesitates and sometimes revs up a little before it'll go into it....he said its fine...does this sound like something slipping or just normal?

heres my 02. i would not delete torque management, and have the line pressure boosted! plus a shift kit. i would give your tranny a break, or its gona take a break on u. i was reading over your sig and you ran your car without an air filter?? im not so sure how safe that it is, but hey go big or stay home i guess.
with the question posted it sounds like your trans is slipping. when it free revs like u stated the clutches arent grabbing. hope this helps

J
Old 06-05-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

yeah i can assure you my car doesn't do this. i took a 40meg video of driving to show what a tci-ssf 3500 looks like and how it shifts/loose/etc. i need to bug the dude with my mini-dv to up the vid. he took it back to make some vids a few weeks ago.

just held the camera to the speedo and while driving for about 10-20 minutes.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn samz28 get that vid, i'd like to see it!!!! I agree with heyitsTajay on giving your tranny a break, I would atleast back down the line pressure to stock settings and look into a trans cooler and temp gauge to play it safe.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Once you start messing with shiftpoints you
will find you're "exposing" peculiar TCC lock /
unlock behaviors, the stock program has them
pretty reasonably "synced up" for the stock
converter and shiftpoints and TCC to work
together.

My solution was to eliminate lockup in 3rd gear
altogether, just to make it easier on my tuning
effort, and to move the TCC lock line upward,
keeping the same profile as stock, in 4th.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1999Z28

Mine does the same thing. its normal. When you are driving really slow at about 30 it acts like its going to ingage and then revs back up until you get to 40. Happens to me everyday. Your making it wait to long =)
Old 06-07-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

He only ran at the track with the air filter out. Its fun, I picked up over 1mph by taking it out

Alex, maybe he didn't change the T/C lockup points so its locking up in 3rd below 40 then when you hit 40 it'll unlock to shift into 4th then relock.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmokingWS6
He only ran at the track with the air filter out. Its fun, I picked up over 1mph by taking it out

Alex, maybe he didn't change the T/C lockup points so its locking up in 3rd below 40 then when you hit 40 it'll unlock to shift into 4th then relock.
...hmmm...good call, i guess i'll get ahold of him
Old 07-03-2004, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Question

I too am wondering where I should have my converter lock or unlock. I seem to have very little top end, and low trap speeds. I could swear I should be able to do better with what I have.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

you don't want to shift into fourth on the track, and unless you have a death wish you may wish on the tranny you want to run the 1/4 unlocked.

Work on GO FAST parts, you got the 'verter to run 11's and the tires, just not the power man.

Don't kill your trans trying to bust a 12.9 Boltons/exhaust/cam and you'll be knocking on (or running) 11's.

i've had all my parts on four 3-4 thousand with no signs of oddity or break down and i got 71.8K miles now. Drives the same as the day i got her back from the shop (mods all put on/tuned at once).

you'll always be 2-3 mph slower than a m6 but still trapping a better 60 and ET once you got a good modlist and tune, and best of all launch technique.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SmokingWS6
That's what mine did after my tune so I just had to go back in and make more adjustments and it went away. I don't have any problems at all now.