Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e help please

I have a stock 99 z28 (89k) that wont stall above 800 rpms ..I thought the converter was bad so I bought a gm trailblazer converter..should stall 2400-2500 while I had the trans out for the converter i installed a b@m shift kit and vette servo..put everything back together and same results ..800 rpm forward or reverse.
.talked to the local guy at the trans shop he said prob the pressure switch ..so dropped the pan installed a pressure switch and a tcc solenoid and a internal wiring harness..same result ..NO stall had it to another trans shop today and he says its not the trans its a exhaust restriction..I have trouble believing that because it runs fine and gets decent gas mileage..There are no codes in the pcm and no lights on in the dash .. I need some help with this please
Old 07-19-2015, 07:02 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Most likely the stator support on this transmission is from a non-LS transmission. This stator shaft is shorter and will do exactly what you are describing. It is not engaging the stator inside the torque converter, therefore no stall will be achieved.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for the response..I bought this car used from a older man and he said the trans had been rebuilt at a local trans shop.. when I took the trans out to replace the converter I noticed that the one shaft in front going into the converter looked like it had been turned on a lathe 3/8-1/2 inch of spline had been removed..i really didn't think much about it since the man I bought the car from had said the shop was a reputable shop that had done the rebuild.. Is that the stator shaft? Again Thank you very much for the help

Quick Reply: 4l60e help please