Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I mess something up?

Old 08-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I mess something up?

So yesterday I was pulling out of the grocery store and I noticed some ricer guy and he stared me down then revved his fart can at me. So I slipped it in neutral and red lined my 98 ls1 camaro..and I must have slipped it back into drive too soon because all of the sudden my car jerks forward really violently...and my tires squealed really loud. I almost took out someone's cart full of groceries too because I wasn't expecting to jerk it forward so far. does it sound like I could have effed up anything in the tranny? the last thing I need right now is a blown tranny
Old 08-12-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 501 Likes on 386 Posts

If it drives good and shift good I would say all is well, but I wouldn’t make a habit of doing that.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroKid1994
So yesterday I was pulling out of the grocery store and I noticed some ricer guy and he stared me down then revved his fart can at me. So I slipped it in neutral and red lined my 98 ls1 camaro..and I must have slipped it back into drive too soon because all of the sudden my car jerks forward really violently...and my tires squealed really loud. I almost took out someone's cart full of groceries too because I wasn't expecting to jerk it forward so far. does it sound like I could have effed up anything in the tranny? the last thing I need right now is a blown tranny
Damn good thing you didn't kill someone! I wouldn't let a ricer get you frazzled.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't keep doing that or you WILL blow the trans. But if it drives fine still, it should be okay.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Lulz!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did I mess something up?