Sponsored by:

4l80E TransGo HD2 Pump Stator Drill Size Hole

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80E TransGo HD2 Pump Stator Drill Size Hole

The 4l80E TransGo HD2 Instructions for the Pump Stator Drill Size Hole was:

"-Pump Stator:
Step 4. Under "X" drill a 3/64 (.042 - .055) hole thru side of wall in direction of arrow."

I accidentally drilled that hole to 4/64 (1/16) .062 ... will this be an issue or should I buy a new 4l80E stator and drill the correct 3/64 hole?

On a side note Jakes Performance instructions for his (4L80E Valve Body Recalibration Kit Install) he states:

"On heavy towing or any application that sees wide open throttle often, we recommend drilling a .061” (1/16”) hole in the pump from converter charge to line pressure as shown."

But again I am using the TransGo HD2-D 4l80E Reprogramming Kit which states:

-Pump Stator:
Step 4. Under "X" drill a 3/64 (.042 - .055) hole thru side of wall in direction of arrow.

This is for 2003 Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L SFI 8cyl.

Any advice or help is appreciated!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:44 PM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

The .0625" hole should be fine. If you want to shrink the hole size, you could peen it closed then re-drill it. I would leave it alone. Jake has these units down. You should be fine.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

If your not running a aftermarket Pressure regulator valve with built-in "Lube to Line", The 1/16" hole will be fine.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PBA
The .0625" hole should be fine. If you want to shrink the hole size, you could peen it closed then re-drill it. I would leave it alone. Jake has these units down. You should be fine.
Originally Posted by clinebarger
If your not running a aftermarket Pressure regulator valve with built-in "Lube to Line", The 1/16" hole will be fine.

Thanks to you both for the replies, advice, and information.

I called TransGo and the tech stated at first it would be ok but when I told him I would rather be safe than have to redo it again he stated that it may be just a tad bit to large for his liking. He offered me some ideas though. I liked his idea of using a very small split cotter pin through the hole then snipping short and bending the prongs over but with the high pressure and vibration I didnt know if this would be such a good long term solution. Also, another idea was to use a ball pein hammer or something similar and give it a couple hits to make the hole smaller. With it being small area to reach I thought the safest thing to do would be to order a new pump stator cover.

As I write this update and reply I may just go with you guys idea as now another problem arises with the new pump stator cover I ordered. It is an aftermarket new pump stator cover and seems to have an issue with the depth of the (TCC enable valve) in the pump stator bore. I will make a new thread and post on that possible issue / problem.

Quick Reply: 4l80E TransGo HD2 Pump Stator Drill Size Hole