Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80e swap clearance

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L80e swap clearance

Swapping a 4l80 on my camaro I already cut a piece out for the plug. Anyone have any pictures of where else to clearance?
Old 10-03-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You should be fine aside from where the connector resides in the tunnel.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep the plug clearance issue was my only problem. I probably didnt even have to cut the ears off the trans to get it in there. Are you using the BMR conversion crossmember? It worked good for me. You might have to grind the bolt hole a little bigger wherer the trans mount goes through the crossmember though.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes sir. Bmr crossmember here too and also opened the hole. I tried installing the trans my self but it seems i would have to make room for the rear cooler fitting.
Also was a huge pain because i had installed poly motor mounts and it seems the engine doesnt tilt back as much. Car is on jack stands by the way.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a-low
Yes sir. Bmr crossmember here too and also opened the hole. I tried installing the trans my self but it seems i would have to make room for the rear cooler fitting.
Also was a huge pain because i had installed poly motor mounts and it seems the engine doesnt tilt back as much. Car is on jack stands by the way.
I had the same issue but forgot to mention it. I ended up buying a set of banjo fittings off Flea Bay that worked great. I bypassed all the stock metal lines and went straight for 3/8" size from front to back. I also bypassed the stock cooler and went to a Hayden auxiliary unit mounted in front of the a/c condensor. The setup works great and is trouble free.

Quick Reply: 4L80e swap clearance