Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me diagnose 4l80 probs!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation help me diagnose 4l80 probs!

alright ive tried everything and im at a complete loss on this. idk how many times ls1tech has saved me, too many to count!

the car acts as if its in 2nd then downshifts to 1st. if i leave it in overdrive, drive or even manually put it in 1st it does the same damn thing everytime. converter doesnt lockup till 3rd and all the trans has is a hd2 shiftkit everything in it is fine there wasnt any wear on it since we took it apart and freshened everything up. the video is the best one i have that you can actually hear it @ 5seconds when it does it and thats not because i spin because when i launch it off idle and it hooks still acts as if its in 2nd... i keep getting code for random missfire so could that be the problem maybe telling trans to be a piece of ****?? ive replaced plugs twice still does it but doesnt act like it..

car has cam,headers,243 heads, 3800 triple disk converter, 4l80 w/transgohd2, ford 9inch

Old 12-18-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I don't know if misfire codes will cause your shifting problems (sorry your post is hard to follow), but it will affect the trans. You might also be going into limp mode.
Was your PCM tuned for the high stall converter? This generally involves reducing the sensitivity of the misfire tables.
Don't blame your trans until you get all the engine codes fixed.

BTW - I don't know much about the 4L80e, but wanted to get the conversation started.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I forgot to reply to the thread been too busy with work and school but I'm gonna try and chase down missfire code replaced everything but coils so far

Quick Reply: help me diagnose 4l80 probs!