Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans slipping? *video*

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans slipping? *video*

I've had this problem since I bought the car a few months ago. They had just put in a used 60e from a 4.8 truck w/ 60k the day before I picked it up. If you watch the video you'll see what I'm talking about when it shifts from first to second. The only time it doesn't do that is under really low throttle. Is it the trans slipping? Forgot to get a video at WOT but it does it as well, the 1 to 2 shift sounds like I have a stall for a second then it catches. Only does it going from 1-2. Fluid looks nice and red still.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I can't tell from the video. It looks like it has a higher than stock stall speed.
Maybe get a longer video? Or if you want to see if the trans is slipping just put it to the floor from a dead stop, do the tires spin? or does it hit the rev limiter?

Heres a video of a converter in my car. I gave it more throttle at 5 seconds, and at :23 the clutch locks. But it shows how a loose converter will maintain the same rpm through shifts at light throttle.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'll make a longer video later in the day. If I go from a dig it'll spin for sure. It pulls fine in gear, it's just the 1-2 shift that's weird. It won't hit the limiter in any gear, shifts when it needs to. Yeah I've seen how a stalled car drives, my car doesn't do that under part throttle. The 1-2 shift in the video is about 30-35% throttle. It feels like it makes 1 extra shift in the video to describe it. What I noticed is its been really cold these past mornings going to work and for the first 5 minutes or less, the 1-2 shift is firm and shifts quick, like I think it should be at part throttle. Doesn't do anything weird.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Got around to making a better run. Is it normal for it to hesitate that long before downshifting? Also can see the 1-2 shift is wierd.

Quick Reply: Trans slipping? *video*