Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Th400 Puking Fluid out Breather

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Th400 Puking Fluid out Breather

I have a freshly built TH400, Reverse Manual Valve Body, 2600 stall, etc. When running in park, or in gear (more so in gear) it pukes fluid out of the vent. It is far from overfilled. I have a feeling it is sucking in air through the filter. However, it is not easy at all to get to that, so would rather hear a few other possibilities beforehand.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I have many customers that I bench their trans, They install it, They either get it Over-full or Under-filled. Quick easy test..... Un-bolt the dipstick tube, Drian pan under the fill hole, Start the engine, Remove the dipstick tube.....If fluid comes out....You do have it over-filled!
Old 01-13-2016, 07:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

Usually the fill mark is a C hair above the case where the pan gasket goes-if other than a factory dip stick always ck it
Was the pump rebuilt? I thought there was an area it could cross leak and cause that, or the pump to case gasket where the breather hole is
Old 01-13-2016, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

This is my dipstick http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LOK-1208142, could it be because it is too short maybe in relation to the cooler, or breather? It is in a rock crawler with less than no space. And the fluid level is below the dipstick hole...plus in a crawler you have to run overfilled. All of my friends run theirs 2-4 quarts over. Ran my AW4 3 quarts over.

Its puked out enough fluid to where it takes longer to go into reverse.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by forcd ind
Usually the fill mark is a C hair above the case where the pan gasket goes-if other than a factory dip stick always ck it
Was the pump rebuilt? I thought there was an area it could cross leak and cause that, or the pump to case gasket where the breather hole is
Yes, it was rebuilt and yes I believe there is a cross leak point

Quick Reply: Th400 Puking Fluid out Breather