Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing servo spring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 04:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Missing servo spring?

I'm finally finishing up my tranny rebuild and got to the Servo assembly on the side. When changing out the o rings I noticed that there is supposed to be a big spring on it from the case to the piston. I can't find this spring for the life of me and don't remember one being there. The only other spring that may be it was found in my 2-3 accumulator. I found two springs both purple there when I took it apart.

Should I buy a factory spring for the servo or is it meant no to have one with the kit I have?

Old 03-21-2016, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

The 2-4 Servo Return Spring NEEDS to be installed! There isn't a reason in the world for it to be left out!

Your picture shows the Forward Clutch Accumulator Piston. Those Double Springs DO NOT go there! Those spring look to be the 2nd Accumulator Springs.

You seem to have a real mess on your hands, Any info on the trans at all?? Mods performed??? Shift kit????
Old 03-22-2016, 08:35 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

To me the piston look too big to be the forward clutch piston ??
The small spring is for the valve body.
As mentioned, the purple spring is likely for the 1-2 accumulator as it seems too stiff for the 3-4 accumulator.
That sure looks like a picture of random parts.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks like a Aftermarket Aluminum FWD Piston to me (Tall ****), And the rest of the parts around it go under the FWD Accumulator Cover. (Low Valve & Spring).
Old 03-23-2016, 05:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take apart the balance body again and take more pictures. I ordered the OEM spring for the servo should be in Thursday.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:49 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Looks like a Aftermarket Aluminum FWD Piston to me (Tall ****), And the rest of the parts around it go under the FWD Accumulator Cover. (Low Valve & Spring).
Thanks. Gotta get better at recognizing various parts from pictures. Even accounting for perspective, that piston looked bigger than the cover.

Quick Reply: Missing servo spring?